Oracle database Administrator Certified Associate
There is high demand for professionals in the information technology (IT) industry, and Oracle certifications are the hottest credentials in the database world. Oracle databases are the factors standard for large Internets sites. Almost all internet sites run Oracle databases.
The role of DBA has become a key to success in today’s highly complex database systems. The best DBA’s work behind the scenes but are in the spotlight when critical issues arise. They plan, create, maintain, and ensure that the database is available for the business. They are always watching the database for performance issues and to prevent unscheduled downtime. The DBA’s job requires broad understanding of the architecture of Oracle database, and expertise in solving problems.
The number one reason to become an Oracle Certified is to gain more visibility and greater access to the industry’s most challenging opportunities. Oracle Certification is the best way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills in Oracle database systems.
The following are the certification paths:
ORACLE CERTIFIED ASSOCIATES (OCA)
Module 1:- Introduction to Oracle 11g
SQL is an instructor-led course featuring lectures and hands-on exercises. It is full with practical demonstrations and written practice sessions that help to reinforce the concepts and skills introduced.
This module consist of two sub modules namely SQL1 and Extended Data Retrieval with SQL.
SQL1 covers creating database structures and storing, retrieving and manipulating data in a relational database.
Extended Data Retrieval with SQL covers advanced SELECT statements, Oracle SQL, and iSQL*Plus Reporting.
Skills to be achieved / Competences Abattoirs
- Use the iSQL *Plus environment
- Write scripts to generate script files
- Generate reports using iSQL *Plus
- Create and maintain database objects
- Control data/user access
- Control transactions
- Describe relational and object relational database concepts
- Retrieve, insert, update, and delete data
- Use the single row and Group functions
- Retrieve data using additional advanced techniques like using ROLL UP, CUBE, set operators, correlated sub queries and hierarchical queries
- Solve problems by using multi-column sub queries, sub queries in the from clause of a SELECT statement,
- correlated sub queries, and scalar sub queries
- Apply techniques in real life simulation, etc.
Prerequisite knowledge needed/Prerequisite Conseillé(s)
- Before you begin this course, you should be able to use a graphical user interface (GUI).
- You should also have good mastery of data processing concepts and techniques.
Module 2:- Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
This course is designed to give the Oracle database administrator (DBA) a firm foundation in basic administrative tasks. The primary goal of this course is to give the DBA the necessary knowledge and skills to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot an Oracle database. This course has been designed for junior database administrators, technical support analysts, system administrators, application developers, MIS managers, and other Oracle user.
Skills to be achieved/Competences Butoirs
At the end of this course, students will be able to perform key administrative tasks in Oracle Database 11g, such as:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Creating and controlling databases
- Administering users,
- Implementing security features,
- Monitoring performance,
- Performing backup and recovery, etc.
Prerequisite Knowledge needed/ Pre-requis Conseillé(s)
The specific skills you as a participant must have in order to derive the maximum value from attending this course are:
- Familiarity with relational database concepts,
- Thorough knowledge of SQL, SQL*Plus and OS commands (Unix and NT),
- Basic operating system knowledge,
- Some working experience with the Oracle environment.
Duration of training: 5 months For the two modules
ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL (OCP)
The OCP section of the database administration track challenges you to demonstrate your enhanced experience and knowledge of Oracle technologies. The Oracle 11g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) certification requires achievement of the OCA certification, completion of one approved Oracle University classes, and the successful completion of the exam: 1Z0-043 Oracle Database 11g: Administration II
1Z0-043 Oracle Database 11g: Administration II
Skills to be achieved/Competences Butoirs
After the completion of this course, the student will be in strong possession of the following skills:
- Database Recovery
- Managing Resources
- Using Recovery Manager
- Recovering from User Error
- Handling Database Corruption
- Configuring Recovery Manager
- Monitoring and Managing Memory
- Monitoring and Managing Storage
- Automating Tasks with Scheduler
- Understanding Globalization Support
- Recovering from Non-critical Losses
- Understanding Flashback Database
- Understanding Automatic Storage Management
- Understanding Automatic Database Management
Prerequisit Knowledge needed/ Pre-requis Conseillé (s)
- Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
Duration of training: 5 months